AirQuest is seeking a Certified Industrial Hygienist candidate to support our industrial hygiene services at military installations and government entities across the United States. The candidate will work out of Fort Lauderdale Office.
• Perform a full range of occupational and environmental health engineering duties.
• Conduct industrial hygiene breathing zone and general area time weighted average (TWA) or short term exposure limit (STEL) air sampling.
• Conduct ventilation surveys.
• Conduct noise dosimetry.
• Conduct Indoor Air Quality evaluations.
• Conduct Ergonomic Evaluations.
• Conduct Indoor Firing Range (IFR) evaluations.
• Perform industrial hygiene annual follow-ups.
• Conduct health hazard evaluation of the work area.
• Conduct detailed risk assessments, with special emphasis on occupational health-risk assessments of occupational exposures.
• Input data as required into Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System (DOEHRS) MIS.
•Perform and manage various tasks, including performing surveys and maintaining databases (including DOEHRS) for industrial hygiene and environmental health surveillance.
• Analyze the results of sampling and measurement, and recommending corrective action or mitigation to reduce health risk to the worker.
• Assess the use of respiratory protection, conduct fit-testing and training for tight-fitting and loose fitting respiratory protection.
• Train industrial personnel on work place hazards.
• Develop and implement industrial hygiene/environmental health and safety programs and procedures in assigned area of specialization such as respiratory protection, occupational noise, indoor air quality, asbestos and lead, local exhaust ventilation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Certified Industrial Hygienist
• Must be able to read, understand, speak, and write English well enough to effectively communicate with all staff/administrative personnel.
• Ability to analyze the data acquired, predict probable effects of exposures on the health and well-being of workers, and select and recommend appropriate controls, including management, medical, engineering, education or training, and personal protective equipment.
• Must be able to use standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems.
• Must have knowledge of telephone etiquette, excellent communications and customer service skills and use of occupational and environmental health and safety terminology.
• Willingness to travel to client locations worldwide, on an as-needed basis.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
• Five or more years of experience in or with the U.S. Air Force Bioenvironmental Engineering career
field or a closely related civilian equivalent is desired
• Familiarity with Bioenvironmental Engineer concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Possess an active Secret security clearance or able to obtain one
• Basic experience with DOEHRS
• Successful, demonstrated project and program management experience
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
• Knowledge of OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI and ACGIH standards
• Knowledge of asbestos and lead management programs
• Knowledge of ventilation systems
• Experience conducting exposure assessments
• Experience recognizing hazards
• Experience addressing environmental health and safety concerns
• Experience preparing technical reports
• Ability to perform environmental and industrial hygiene surveys, including sampling and monitoring
• Ability to operate various industrial hygiene monitoring equipment
• Ability to diplomatically explain and interpret environmental health and safety principles.
• Ability to work with people of all ages and diverse constituencies.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable environmental health and safety regulations
• Thorough knowledge and demonstration of industrial hygiene principles and practices
• Excellent computer skills
• Effective communication skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Capable of managing multiple projects
• Strong training and interpersonal skills
• Exhibits positivity, integrity and responsibility
• Strong ethical compass
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to Pass a Background Check
• Ability to Pass a Drug Test
• Ability to Work Long Hours when Necessary
• Frequent Out of Town Travel
• Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as, hard hats, ear plugs, safety glasses,
respirators, steel-toed boots, fall protection harnesses
• Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, climb ladders and stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to work in an outdoor environment
Interested in this position? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org