AirQuest Environmental, Inc. is an Environmental and Industrial Hygiene Consulting Firm that offers environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and internationally. AirQuest is seeking a field technician for a full-time position.
You will be an integral part of the industrial hygiene team by assisting in a variety of environmental and industrial hygiene field activities. AirQuest specializes in providing services to the following sectors: asbestos and lead-based paint detection and control, indoor air quality investigations, radon and/or mold detection and management services. You will be expected to take initiative in various projects assigned to you by your supervisor. After training and under supervision, you will perform a variety of specialized paraprofessional industrial hygiene, environmental or engineering field research, perform and document field observations report writing, file maintenance, basic scientific calculations, public relations, and office administrative duties.
- Full-Time (40-45 hours)
- Typical hours range from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday as well as rotational on-call weekends to meet client needs as necessary. Additional hours, including nights and non-on-call weekends, are occasionally required.
- Pay rates offered are contingent on experience
- AirQuest office location: Davie, Florida
- 401(k) & 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance – Humana
- Health Insurance – Vision, Dental
- Minimum 48 hours of PTO (Paid Time Off) Guaranteed after 90 days
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Assistance
- Conduct site inspections, material surveys and oversight activities for asbestos, lead, radon, mold, industrial hygiene and indoor air quality projects
- Input field project data in Microsoft Word and Excel and prepare and review technical reports
- Participate and pass required training and various required certification programs
- Daily travel throughout Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties with occasional travel out of town for extended periods of times
- Communicate effectively and on a timely basis with clients in-person, via emails and phone conversations
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to read, understand, speak, and write in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- 0-5 years of experience in the following specialties: industrial hygiene, indoor air quality, asbestos inspections and air sampling, lead inspection and risk assessment.
- Current certifications for asbestos, lead-based paint and mold are desirable
- A bachelor’s degree or seeking a degree in an environmental science or industrial hygiene field, or other related fields is highly desirable.
- COVID-19 vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated within 30 days of employment
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable means of transportation
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check, physical examination and pre-employment drug test
- Ability to travel for out-of-town work. In most cases short durations 2-5 days. This includes required training programs.
- Ability to carry and use a ladder, use basic hand tools and equipment necessary for a given project and must be able to wear required personal protective equipment such as hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses, respirators, protective footwear, and additional safety equipment such as fall protection harnesses and others as required by a given task
* Some benefits are after a 90 day probationary period and accrued at a percentage of the date you are hired. Please ask for more info.
Interested in this position? Apply online!