Radon gas is a naturally occurring (odorless) gas produced in the soil. The problem occurs when the gas finds its way into the interior of a building. Radon is a carcinogen, and exposure over long periods of time increases your risk of lung cancer. Since we spend significant time in our homes, it is important to know if elevated radon levels are present. If you have your house tested and levels are high, the problem can usually be managed.
- My house smells musty, and my kids are always sneezing and complaining of watery eyes. What can be done to identify the source?
- There are mold spots in the ceiling of two rooms in my home. What can I do about it? Can I spray it with bleach to make it go away?