AirQuest personnel conduct Health & Safety Training. Courses are completed in modules that are broken down further into sessions covering specific topics. The courses ensure awareness and promote safety among employees. The objective of the course will be to ensure that employees operate in the safest possible manner in situations where contact with potentially hazardous materials or safety hazards is likely.
Programs are customizable to our clients’ specific needs. While developing course materials, AirQuest will conduct research and interviews with the specific departments to determine any specific training needs. The training is then tailored towards specific jobs and its functions along with the hazards that may be present.
AirQuest keeps the course engaging and interesting to participants by inviting guest lecturers and including multi-media presentations. Modules include but are not limited to the following:
- Introduction and HAWOPER OVERVIEW; Regulations and Standards Overview; Safety and Health Program; Medical Surveillance
- Hazardous Materials Recognition and Reference Sources; Toxicology; The Hazard Communication Standard; Physical and Chemical Properties; GHS
- Site Characterization and Analysis; Site Control; General Safety Hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment, Respiratory Protection Program; Chemical Protective Clothing; Medical Considerations for Wearing Chemical Protective Clothing; Gas Detection Basics; Sampling Methods and Procedures
- Containment and Spill Management; Decontamination; HAZWOPER Emergencies; Confined Space Overview
- Incident command and management; DOT ERG; SDS; CHEMTREC/CANUTEC; NFPA Standard No. 472; CFR 29 1910.1201
- Introduction to Respiratory Protection; Types of Respiratory Protection; Respirator Selection and Use; Respirator Medical Evaluation; Respirator Fit Testing; Respirator Training and Program Guidelines; Respirator Maintenance and Care
- Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) Overview; Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) Program; Chemical Protective Clothing (CPC) Selection; Chemical Protective Clothing Classifications; Donning Chemical Protective Clothing; Doffing Chemical Protective Clothing; Decontaminating Chemical Protective Clothing; Inspection and Storage of Protective Clothing; Training and Monitoring for CPC
- Preventing Sparks; Sensor Technology; Types of Gas Detection Systems; Colorimetric Tubes and Diffusion Tubes; Flammability and CGI’s (Combustible Gas Indicators); PIDs and FIDs; Other Detection Devices
- Exercises and site-specific exercises
To be compliant with OSHA training requirements our courses include a hands-on approach for certain sessions. This allows students the opportunity to don and doff equipment, respirators, SCBA’s, etc. Training manuals are provided so that students have a frame of reference and can take notes in real time. AirQuest also uses equipment to help teach the sessions and allow students to have firsthand experience with equipment. Training courses can be conducted at an on-site facility or at AirQuest’s facilities that can accommodate a training group of up to 20 persons.